Sunday, March 7, 2010

Twin Wind Down Time

Time to slow things down a bit. Mantisounds has been going hard on the dance floor/head bopping tip and it makes sense – he’s hyped! he just introduced two new souls into the world and so he wanted to make some noise… I would like to switch things up a bit and introduce a bit of introspection, retrospection, and inspection to the mix. The next couple of mixes I post will come from a chiller gentler space. Space which is designed to get you slowed down a bit. Get you to think. Get you to recognize where you are at and where you are heading. I ask in all seriousness - What are you going to do for Mantis’ babies? What is the world are you creating? What world are you leaving them? This mix was created and crafted early one Sunday in January, clear headed and yet full of questions. First thing out of bed. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, and stepped into the zone. Nothing hard, nothing banging. I have been in a contemplative mood as of late. i have been trying to figure out where I fit in and just what the hell is it that I am doing? Sometime we have to take time out to be cheesy and be cliché. We have this tendency to think that cliché means passé. Passé the peas like they used to say…



Sunday in January by mosart212

No comments:

Post a Comment