Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dubwreckah


It's my turn on the mixtape, and since I'm in the middle of unpacking a new apartment, I'm going to offer up a mix I threw together about a month ago. It's sort of a change of pace for me: dubstep. This mix spans different flavors of dubstep, from more reggae influenced tunes to bass heavy remixes of songs you'll recognize (the Bassnectar rerub of Groove Armada's "Superstylin" is ill, and I'm enjoying all the remixes of "Heads Will Roll"), to half speed rave anthems (the Ed Solo track). And since this IS a Mantisounds mix, you know I had to switch it up and drop a few breaks tracks at the end for good measure (the Collie Budz bootleg is fire, definitely listen through the end). I also broke out my miniKaoss pad and played with some filters throughout the mix. Dubstep is a genre that lends itself to effects and filters, and I think this mix came out pretty well with that layer of Kaoss effects.

Don't forget to sign up for the La MoDa Mixtapes podcast, and drop your comments here. Feedback always appreciated.

Mantisounds - dubwreckah by Mantisounds

1. Basement Jaxx - Raindrops (Doorly's Dubstep Remix)
2. Ed Solo - Age of Dub
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll (LA Boxers Dub Remix)
4. Claude Von Stroke - Who's Afraid of Detroit (JSaxton's Scared Remix)
5. Bassnectar - Art of Revolution x Superstylin
6. the Prodigy - Breathe (Numbernin6 Remix)
7. Bassbin Twins - Whistle Choon
8. Malente & Dex ft. New Kidz - Lions (Bassnectar & Ill Gates Remix)
9. True Tiger - Bare Face What
10. Bar9 - Murda Sound
11. Michael Franti & Spearhead - The Future (FreQ Nasty's Otto Gives Thanks Mix)
12. Chase & Status - Eastern Jam (Lulu Rouge Edit)
13. Jinx in Dub - 10 Tonne Riddim (Phaeleh Remix)
14. Rusko - Sound Guy is My Target
15. Kouncilhouse - Rock Beat
16. Shane the Cutter - Blood Runs
17. DJ Deekline & Ed Solo - Come Booty Collie Breaks

No comments:

Post a Comment